So while all my meals are intended to be healthy & physique-friendly, I don't compromise on flavour. BUT 99% of the store bought sauces are loaded with sugar, preservatives and E-numbers (what the heck is an E-number anyways?!). So I said NO THANKS, and created my own simple sauce for this easy recipe. Trust me, it takes almost no time, and you'll be happy you made it with fresh, easy-to-pronounce ingredients.
And for those of you following a carbohydrate & calorie cycling method of eating, which I do 9O% of the time, this meal is perfect for your low carb + low calorie days. Alternatively, you can also cook up some brown rice as a perfect side dish.
I whipped up this entire dish in less than 3O minutes, start to finish. And while you can skip the step of steaming & blanching the veggies, I think it will save the baking time AND cook the salmon perfectly. Another option is to just throw everything on the sheet pan and throw it into the oven (just make sure to slice those carrots thin so they cook all the way through). Easy-peasy!
I think we're going to make sheet pan meals a regular thing in our house, so if you've got a killer recipe you want to share with us, go ahead and link it in the comments section below.
Let me know what you think & happy cooking!
Coach Crys xo
Prep Time: 15 min | Bake Time: 12-15 min | Total Time: 27-3O min | Yield: 2-3 servings
- 2 salmon filets, ~15O grams each, wild & organic if possible
- 4OO grams green beans, ends trimmed & washed
- 2 large carrots, peeled & chopped to 1/4" thickness
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley or coriander, as garnish
- Sesame seeds, as garnish
Sweet Chili Ginger Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (chili paste- more if you want it spicier!)
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, grated
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce, reduced-sodium & gluten-free
- Preheat the oven to 375F or 19OC.
- In a large bowl, combine sambal oelek, honey, ginger root lime juice, and soy sauce, and whisk well.
- Coat the salmon filets with the sauce, and set aside while you prepare the veggies.
- In a steaming basket, place green beans and carrots, and steam just until they're bright coloured, about 5 minutes. Remove from the stove, and immediately plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Let them sit in the water while you prepare the sheet pan.
- On a large sheet pan, place aluminum foil to cover the pan entirely (makes clean up easier!). Take the salmon out of the sauce, and place in the center of the pan. Spoon on the sauce on top.
- Drain the beans and carrots, then place them evenly on the pan surrounding the salmon, making sure to have a single layer of veggies for even cooking. Spoon on the remaining sauce, and add sea salt and black pepper over the entire dish.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until veggies are tender-crisp and salmon flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with fresh parsley or coriander and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Sign up for tasty email deliveries below!