paleomg.com, when I stumbled across this recipe and almost cried out in sheer joy! Of course being a paleo recipe it called for a nut butter other than peanut, which happens to be a legume, but given my obsession with this combo I went for it. One word describes this treat: Heavenly! What's your favorite post-leg day treat??
- 1c smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/4c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/8c honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4c dark chocolate chips
- splash of milk
Yields 9 peanut butter cups
1. In a double boiler or small cooking pot, heat chocolate chips and milk on low heat, stirring the chips until melted.
2. Place peanut butter, coconut flakes, honey and coconut oil into a food processor or heavy-duty blender and mix.
3. Using small or medium-sized muffin cups (I used silicone re-usable ones), scoop a tbsp of the mixture into each cup.
4. Pour melted chocolate over each cup and smooth surface.
5. Place cups into freezer. Once frozen, remove and let thaw for 5 minutes before devouring :)
Nutritional Info (per peanut butter cup) :